Airports Council International releases annual Airport Economics Report 2009
- Revenues: USD96 billion, % change n/a;
- Aeronautical: 54% of total revenue;
- Operating costs: USD55 billion, n/a;
- Labour: 38% of total operating costs;
- Capital expenditure: USD39.5 billion, -1.5% year-on-year;
- 2009: USD42 billion, +6%. [more]
ACI: “Aviation remains a growth industry, despite the lingering economic downturn. Barring a major setback in 2010, traffic is expected to rebound and may well exceed moderate predictions of +2% p/a next year. It is for this reason that ‘old’ issues of capacity and congestion will surface sooner rather than later and airport financial decisions reflect the lead time needed to plan for, develop and implement airport expansion projects. With passengers driving airport revenues, facilities must satisfy their expectations for efficient service in the future,” ACI statement. Source: ACI, 22-Dec-2009.