Airports Authority of India (AAI) Regional Executive Director (Southern Region), S Devaraj, stated the downward trend in the aviation sector has been “arrested” (The Hindu Business Line, 01-Mar-2010). Mr Devaraj announced the following updates on Indian airport projects:
- Madurai: Expansion nearing completion;
- Coimbatore: Arrival hall is being modernised;
- Mangalore: Aerobridges are being installed;
- Rajahmundry: Terminal building project nearing completion;
- Vijayawada: Runway expansion being conducted;
- Cudappah: Runway expansion completed.
- Salem and Thoothukudi: Awaiting approval from Tamil Nadu State Government for land acquisition.
Airports Authority of India: “The downward trend has been arrested and the aviation industry is poised to grow. Although aircraft movement has remained at more or less at the same level, passenger movement has increased by 7-8%. Our vision is to emerge leaders in air-traffic management and airport management by 2016,” S Devaraj, Regional Executive Director (Southern Region). Source: The Hindu Business Line, 01-Mar-2010.