- Passenger numbers: 3.6 million, +19.1% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 78.2%, +4.9 ppts;
- Domestic: 78.2%, +3.3 ppts;
- International: 78.7%, +6.8 ppts;
- Hong Kong & Macau: 74.4%, +9.8 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 76,614 tonnes, -6.6%;
- Domestic: 43,686 tonnes, -5.6%;
- International: 29,668 tonnes, -10.1%;
- Hong Kong & Macau: 3,260 tonnes, +17.7%.
Air China: “In July, a traditional peak season for travel, traffic continued to exhibit encouraging signs of recovery. Air China saw across-the-board year-over-year growth in passenger traffic in all markets. Domestic and regional markets recorded double-digit growth in both passenger traffic and the number of passenger carried compared with the same period last year. International routes also recorded year-over-year increase in passenger traffic and the number of passengers carried for the first time this year. In the cargo market, the Company saw a continuous decline year-over-year, but improved compared with the last month…During the month, the Company saw signs of bottoming in the cargo business...Compared with the performance in the first half, the rate of decline in July was narrower,” Company statement. Source: Air China, 14-Aug-2009.