ACI World reports pax traffic up 6.6% in May-2011
ACI World reports airport passenger traffic up 6.6% - traffic highlights in May-2011:
- Total passengers: 270.0 million, +6.6%;
- Total freight: 4.4 million tonnes, -1.9%;
- Domestic: 1.2 million, -0.4%;
- International: 3.2 million, -2.5%.
- Africa: 41,900, -9.2%;
- Asia Pacific: 1.6 million, -5.0%;
- Europe: 1.1 million, +0.3%;
- Latin America and Caribbean: 210,200, +14.8%;
- Middle East: 263,100, -0.6%;
- North America: 1.3 million, -2.3%.
ACI World: “We are encouraged by the continuing strong growth trend in passenger traffic. The decline in freight traffic is small in percentage terms and should be temporary as the corresponding period in 2010 represented the peak of the recovery. Most recent forecasts from the IMF predict robust GDP and trade volume growth in excess of 4%. Passenger and freight growth are expected to remain well above that figure for the remainder of 2011.” Andreas Schimm, Economics Director. Source: ACI World, 06-Jun-2011.