ACI World announced global pax traffic up 6.9% year-on-year - traffic highlights in Nov-2010:
- Global passenger traffic: +6.9%;
- Global domestic traffic: +6.0%;
- Global international traffic: +8.1%. [more]
- Global freight traffic: +4.3%;
- Global domestic freight traffic: +1.3%;
- Global international freight traffic: 5.3%. [more]
ACI World: “November reporting indicates that 2010 will set a new record for global airport industry traffic with total passenger growth near 7%. Within that overall increase there are marked regional differences. While the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Latin America-Caribbean regions surged well beyond pre-crisis passenger volumes, Europe and North America lag behind previous peak performance. Nonetheless, Europe appears to be on track to becoming the largest traffic region in 2010 for the first time ever, moving ahead of the North America market. It remains to be seen how significantly the harsh winter weather will affect December traffic results.” Angela Gittens, Director. Source: Company Statement, 05-Jan-2011.