ACI reports 3% fall in Jul-2009 int'l pax numbers
- Passenger numbers: 304.4 million, -1.2% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 163.3 million, +0.9%;
- International: 138.4 million, -3.4%;
- Cargo volume: 4.4 million tonnes, -8.7%;
- Domestic: 1.4 million tonnes, -3.6%;
- International: 3.0 million tonnes, -11.3%. [more]
ACI: “This is a scenario where we can draw optimism from a negative. Although overall traffic is still lower than 2008, the gap is narrowing significantly. Total traffic worldwide was down by 1.2% in July, but reflects a rising growth trend when compared to declines of 5% in June and 8% in May. It may still be too soon to assume the worst is over, but results in a few key markets are most encouraging,” ACI Director Economics Andreas Schimm, Source: Company statement, 02-Sep-09.