AAPA passenger numbers up 9% in May-2012, cargo traffic down 5%
- Passenger numbers: 16.6 million, +8.9% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +7.0%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +7.5%;
- Passenger load factor: 73.7%, -0.4 ppt;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -5.3%;
- Cargo load factor: 66.6%, -1.6 ppts. [more – original PR]
AAPA: “The positive trend in passenger demand growth has been encouraging, and oil prices have moderated somewhat from a peak. Nevertheless, Asian carriers are still braced for a challenging second half of 2012, in view of widespread competitive pressures, the continued weakness in air cargo markets, and unresolved concerns over the outlook for the global economy,” Andrew Herdman, director general. Source: Company statement, 26-Jun-2012.