- Passenger numbers: 17 million, +8.4% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +7.9%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +3.5%;
- Passenger load factor: 76.7%, +3.1 ppts;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): +0.9%;
- Cargo load factor: 67.7%, +1.8 ppts. [more – original PR]
AAPA: "As we come to the end of another challenging year, Asian carriers have seen some very encouraging growth in passenger demand throughout 2012, but the weak air cargo market held back overall revenue growth. On the cost side, high fuel prices kept up the pressure on already thin operating margins. Airlines responded by accelerating the deployment of newer more fuel-efficient aircraft, and carefully managing capacity to match changing demand patterns. Despite uncertainty over the global economic outlook, Asian airlines are continuing to invest for the future, including both fleet development and customer service innovation," Andrew Herdman, director general. Source: Company statement, 03-Jan-2013.