- Passenger numbers: 18.5 million, +4.9% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +3.2%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +3.5%;
- Passenger load factor: 80.6%, -0.3 ppt;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -5.1%;
- Cargo load factor: 67.2%, -0.1 ppt. [more – original PR]
AAPA: “Asia Pacific airlines registered an impressive 8.1% increase in the number of international passengers carried during the first seven months of the year, with air travel demand holding up well despite signs of a general slowdown in global economic activity. However, international air cargo demand fell by 4.4% during the same period, reflecting continued weakness in key export markets. Airlines still face a very challenging operating environment, given the adverse impact of high oil prices, and the uncertain global economic outlook,” Andrew Herdman, director general. Source: Company statement, 29-Aug-2012.