AAPA passenger numbers up 4% in Sep-2012, cargo traffic stable. Challenging operating environment
- Passenger numbers: 16.7 million, +4% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +3.3%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +2.2%;
- Passenger load factor: 77.8%, +0.8 ppt;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -0.4%;
- Cargo load factor: 66.6%, +2.6 ppts. [more – original PR]
AAPA: “Overall, the operating environment for Asia Pacific carriers remains quite challenging. Margins have been under pressure from stubbornly high oil prices, and there is continuing uncertainty about the global economic outlook, despite the fact that Asian economies are still maintaining respectable growth rates,” Mr Andrew Herdman, AAPA director general. Source: Company statement, 25-Oct-2012.