AAPA passenger numbers up 3% in Oct-2012, cargo traffic down 6%
- Passenger numbers: 17.0 million, +2.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +2.1%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +0.9%;
- Passenger load factor: 76.6%, +0.9 ppt;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -5.8%;
- Cargo load factor: 67.4%, +0.2 ppt. [more – original PR]
AAPA: “Asia Pacific airlines are still facing a very challenging operating environment, clouded by uncertainties over the global economic outlook. Competitive market pressures, and the impact of persistently high fuel prices, have pushed up breakeven load factors, and are spurring further efforts to deploy newer more fuel efficient aircraft, whilst carefully managing overall capacity.” Source: Company statement, 26-Nov-2012.