AAPA passenger numbers up 12.2% in Apr-2012, cargo traffic down 7.6%
- Passenger numbers: 17.2 million, +12.2% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +10.1%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +8.5%;
- Passenger load factor: 76.3%, +1.1 ppts;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -7.6%;
- Cargo load factor: 66.3%, -2.0 ppts. [more – original PR]
AAPA: “We're still seeing welcome growth in passenger demand, but airline profit margins have suffered as a result of the weak cargo market, and the impact of stubbornly high oil prices. Although key Asian economies are still performing relatively well, the operating environment remains challenging, clouded by uncertainties over prospects for the global economy,” Andrew Herdman, director general. Source: Company statement, 28-May-2012.