The Club CHS Opens at Charleston International Airport
Airport Lounge Development (ALD), an award-winning global provider of premium shared-use lounges, today announced the opening of The Club CHS at Charleston International Airport. Located on the second level of the airport’s main concourse, the first phase of the new lounge will open with 3,060 square-feet and 52 seats, with plans to expand to a total of 4,041 square-feet and 83 seats in the coming months.
Featuring floor to ceiling windows, The Club CHS takes advantage of the splendid views overlooking the Charleston International Airport concourse. The lounge captures the rich and unique life that is Charleston – a region that allows travelers to get swept away in fancy elegance, escape to the country for a hike, listen to live music, catch a great theatre or reflect while watching a brilliant sunset on the ocean. The Club CHS also highlights the beauty of Charleston with photo images displayed throughout the lounge from award winning local photographer, Nicholas Holzworth. Winner of Charleston Magazine’s “Images of Charleston,” Holzworth’s photography invites guests to enjoy stunning images of the Lowcountry from intriguing new heights.
Guests can also enjoy signature dishes developed by Charleston Chef Consultant, Chef Bob Waggoner. Chef Waggoner has played a lead role in defining Charleston’s amazing culinary scene. He infuses Lowcountry cooking with his own French-influenced technique and creates a contemporary new Southern cuisine. Using seasonal and regional ingredients, Chef Waggoner’s dishes have captured critical acclaim, with menus that combine unusual ingredients with classic techniques.
The Club CHS offers an all-inclusive hospitality experience, featuring six distinct zones that allow guests to relax and recharge as they please. These spaces include:
- A Productivity and Privacy Zone serves as a dedicated space for business travelers. In addition to an abundance of electrical outlets, this workspace includes a desk-height counter, ergonomic task chairs, and access to a computer and printer. “Privacy” chairs are also available for travelers looking for a quiet space for a phone call or to read.
- A Relax Zone that features ultra-comfortable seating and ample electrical outlets, allowing guests the opportunity to socialize with fellow travelers or simply enjoy the sweeping views of Charleston International Airport.
- A Resting Zone allows guests to take a quick nap or catch up on some reading in the lounge’s comfortable recliners and ottomans with convenient reading lamps and electrical outlets.
- A Replenish Zone offers table and banquette seating for visitors to enjoy the complimentary signature food selections from Chef Waggoner and a variety of all-day snack items. Guests can order a selection of sodas, teas and coffee from the comfort of their seat or they can refresh at The Club's “Hydration Station,” which offers thirst-quenching, healthful fruit- and herb-infused waters, including lemon pineapple cayenne, strawberry basil or lemon watermelon.
- A Refresh Zone provides private restrooms for travelers.
- The Cell Free Zone is an area where guests can relax without the distraction of cell phone use.
Paul G. Campbell, Jr., the Aviation Authority’s Executive Director and CEO, stated, “The Club CHS shows our commitment in providing our passengers with first-class amenities that will enhance their travel experience at Charleston International Airport. Thanks to our excellent partnership with ALD, we can now offer our passengers a premium service and space to utilize before their flight.”
Nancy Knipp, senior vice president at ALD, stated, “We are delighted to be a part of the exciting growth at Charleston International Airport. The Club CHS brings an alternative place for Charleston travelers to relax and experience the true spirit that makes Charleston an award-winning city for business and leisure.”
Giving Back to the Environment and Community
The Club CHS gives back to the Charleston environment through the lounge’s 100% plastic-less service with the removal of all plastic drink stirrers and straws, replacing them with natural bamboo and compostable options. When the Club opens the bar zone, a unique aspect of The Club’s wine offering will be its “Pours With a Purpose” program. The Club’s consciously curated menu of wines is dedicated to more than just tasting good, but doing good as well. A portion of all wine purchases at The Club CHS is donated to a variety of charities that help fight hunger in the U.S., support U.S. veterans initiatives and raise funds to support ovarian cancer screening.
Following the completion of phase two of the lounge in the coming months, The Club CHS will offer a full-service bar area featuring artfully crafted cocktails developed by ALD’s exclusive lounge partner and celebrated chef-mixologist, Kathy Casey. Visitors will also enjoy 31 additional seats for dining, bringing The Club’s total seating to 83. The Club CHS joins ALD’s rapidly growing network of shared-use lounge offerings, with expansions into new locations across the U.S. planned through the end of 2019:
- The Club at Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- A second location planned at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport, joining The Club SJC in Terminal A
- The Club MSY at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
The Club CHS is available to Priority Pass’ membership along with LoungeKey, Lounge Club, Lounge Pass and Diners Club International – which represents a vast number of credit cards, banks and other financial institutions. The lounge is also available to other Charleston travelers through the purchase of a day pass online or at the lounge for a nominal cost of $40. The Club CHS also participates in the AAA Members Discount and Rewards Program. The lounge is open Monday – Wednesday and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET, as well as Thursday and Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. ET.