OpenJaw Technologies Announce Record Revenues, New Products, New Hires in 2018
OpenJaw Technologies (www.openjawtech.com), a TravelSky Company, has announced record revenue for financial year 2018, a significant increase in Gross Transaction Value, five new customer go-lives, a slew of new platform and product initiatives, growth in employee numbers and new senior additions to its commercial team.
Kieron Branagan, OpenJaw Technologies CEO, said: ‘2018 has been our most successful year measured across all KPIs. Over the last year, we’ve launched game-changing new platforms, new initiatives and new hires. This has resulted in:
- Revenue increase year-on-year of 18%
- Gross Transaction Value increase year-on-year of 57% equating to US$5.5 billion of merchandising value processed on behalf of its customers
- An increase of 72 net new hires in 2018 bringing total headcount globally to 304 people
- Establishment of a new OpenJaw R&D centre in Dalian, China with an initial staff of 60 people
- Two new platforms announced (OpenJaw t-Data and OpenJaw t-Social) as well as new initiatives such as the NDC Centre of Excellence.
Branagan continued: ‘Our growth is more than a story of surpassing revenue goals and signing new customers – it’s a testament to the hard-working OpenJaw team across the globe and our commitment to offering innovative platforms and products that outpace our competitors. I’m incredibly proud of the team and we look forward to reaching new heights in 2019.’
New Customers Wins
OpenJaw announced four new airline go-lives in 2018 on its t-Retail Platform with Hong Kong Airlines, China United Airlines, Chengdu Airlines and Tibet Airlines. OpenJaw will be announcing more new customer wins during 2019.
OpenJaw also had a significant go-live with the relaunched Aeroplan loyalty programme in Canada in September 2018 which underlines the market-leading redemption capabilities of the t-Retail Platform. Other customers currently using the t-Retail Platform for loyalty redemption include LoyaltyOne AIR Miles, Asia Miles and Discovery Vitality.
New platforms and initiatives announced: t-Data, t-Social and NDC Centre of Excellence
- OpenJaw t-Data is a big data platform that delivers end-to-end personalised retailing, on demand and in the cloud, and empowers travel retailers to successfully retail, distribute and fulfil across all customer touchpoints. With the OpenJaw t-Data Platform, travel retailers create individualised experiences on demand for their customers wherever and whenever they engage.
- OpenJaw t-Social automates customer engagement, captures additional revenue and reduces costs for travel retailers – using the power of Artificial Intelligence. The platform fuses social messaging platforms (Facebook Messenger, WeChat, WhatsApp) together with cognitive computing platforms to deliver customer servicing and selling at scale through automation.
- NDC Centre of Excellence: NDC is the catalyst to dramatically re-engineer how airlines retail their inventory and how they innovate by using an open industry standard. OpenJaw has been at the forefront of this standard via our involvement with IATA and launched the NDC Centre of Excellence in 2018 with a core team of NDC experts that are delivering NDC innovations from servicing to selling, and big data.
New Senior Hires and Record Employee Growth
Andrea Cartwright and Julia Reichel have joined OpenJaw in two newly created positions: Julia is Vice- President of Sales for OpenJaw t-Data and Andrea is Vice-President of Sales for OpenJaw t-Social. Andrea and Julia will contribute to OpenJaw’s continued successful growth and expansion for these two new platforms.
Andrea has been specialising in transformation programmes across Europe for the last number of years. Prior to this, Andrea worked in a variety of roles for Cathay Pacific Airways based out of Hong Kong, including Sales & Channel Development and Portfolio Relationship Manager.
OpenJaw Technologies CEO, Kieron Branagan said of the new hires: “We are thrilled that Andrea and Julia have joined the OpenJaw commercial team. They share our focus on innovation and have proven track records in sales and business development. Julia and Andrea will report to our Chief Commercial Officer, Bryan Porter. I am also pleased to announce that our plans to grow our global workforce to 450 employees during 2019 are on track across all our offices, and we have been recruiting extensively. We are actively encouraging candidates with experience in travel retailing to visit www.openjawtech.com/careers and find out about the incredible roles we have on offer’.
Branagan continued: ‘At OpenJaw, we are reimagining the future of travel retailing over the next few years. New customers, new platforms, new products and new hires are the key ingredients in OpenJaw’s growth and in shaping the future of travel retailing. We are proud of our achievements in 2018 but we are most excited about the opportunities that our future brings. We’ve reshaped OpenJaw to meet the changing demands of travel retailers across the globe and we’ll continue to do that in 2019.”