Open consultation Jet zero: our strategy for net zero aviation
SummaryOur vision for the aviation sector to reach net zero aviation, or jet zero, by 2050.
This consultation closes at
11:45pm on 8 September 2021
Sets out our proposed approach and principles to reach net zero aviation by 2050.
Our ambition is to:
- decarbonise aviation in a way that preserves the benefits of air travel
- maximise the opportunities that decarbonisation can bring
We are proposing a suite of policies to support industry to reduce and, where possible, eliminate carbon dioxide emissions from aviation. These policies span 5 different measures that aim to:
- improve the efficiency of our aviation system
- accelerate the development and deployment of sustainable aviation fuels
- support the development of zero emission flight
- ensure we use markets to drive down emissions in the most cost-effective way
- influence the behaviour of consumers
The consultation will inform the final jet zero strategy.
There are files associated with this article. You can download them below.
You need to be logged in to download files.