NT Tourism: New SMART Marketing with airlines
The SMART marketing boost, which is part of the NT Government's Turbocharging Tourism stimulus package, includes $10.85 million to work specifically with airlines. The boost will strengthen the viability of established air-routes and increase demand to establish new routes and attract new carriers. The $26.57 million SMART marketing boost also includes:
- $10.85 million for cooperative marketing with domestic and international airlines;
- $3.8 million for cooperative marketing packages to immediate drive sales;
- $1.6 million to boost the NT’s holiday appeal through destination marketing;
- $2.35 million to promote our unique attributes including natural encounters;
- $1.9 million to make the NT the pilgrimage destination for Australian military history;
- $1.63 million to develop and promote arts and cultural attractions and experiences;
- $2.33 million to attract more national and international business events; and
- $2.12 million to promote festivals and events to create urgency in travel bookings.
This new SMART marketing boost will ensure the NT is promoted as a leisure and business events destination in China to attract more Chinese visitors to the Territory.