Air France joins the KLM - Kenya Airways joint venture
Air France, KLM and Kenya Airways’ customers will be able to reserve flights operated on a code-share basis by one of the three airlines on round-trip services between Paris-Nairobi and Amsterdam-Nairobi. Travellers will thus benefit from 24 daily flights between Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Amsterdam-Schiphol and Nairobi -
- 3 flights operated by Air France between Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Nairobi;
- 14 weekly flights operated by Kenya Airways including 7 Paris Charles de Gaulle – Nairobi flights and 7 other Amsterdam Schiphol – Nairobi frequencies;
- 7 weekly flights operated by KLM between Amsterdam-Schiphol and Nairobi.
With this new agreement, customers will benefit from a streamlined travel experience between Europe and East Africa through the three hubs and improved connections to 26 beyond Nairobi’s destinations :
Addis-Ababa (Ethiopia), Bangui (Central African Republic), Blantyre (Malawi), Bujumbura (Burundi), Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania), Djibouti (Republic of Djibouti), Dzaoudzi (France), Entebbe (Uganda), Harare (Zimbabwe), Juba (South Sudan), Khartoum (Sudan), Kigali (Rwanda), Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), Kisumu (Kenya), Lilongwe (Malawi), Livingstone (Zambia), Lubumbashi (Democratic Republic of Congo), Lusaka (Zambia), Maputo (Mozambique), Mombasa (Kenya), Moroni (Comoros), Nampula (Mozambique), Ndola (Zambia), Seychelles (Seychelles), Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), Zanzibar (Tanzania).
In addition, on 25 March 2018, Air France inaugurated its new service connecting Paris-Charles de Gaulle to Nairobi (Kenya). The company will serve the Kenyan capital with 3 weekly flights operated by Boeing 787, equipped with the latest long-haul travel cabins.
Flight times operated (in local time) -
AF814: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 20:50, arrives in Nairobi at 6:00, the next day.
Flights operated on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
AF815: leaves Nairobi at 08:20, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 15:50.
Flights operated on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays.
This summer, the Air France-KLM group’s airlines will offer 51 African destinations thanks to 489 weekly flights -
- Air France: 34 destinations and 258 frequencies from Paris-Charles de Gaulle;
- KLM: 13 destinations and 75 frequencies from Amsterdam-Schiphol ;
- Transavia: 15 destinations and 146 frequencies from Europe;
- Joon: 2 destinations and 10 frequencies from Paris-Charles de Gaulle.