Formed from the merger of Snecma and SAGEM in 2005, SAFRAN Group is an integrated aerospace, defence and security conglomerate, based in Paris, France with more than 30 subsidiaries. Around two thirds of the company’s workforce is based in France. SAFRAN operates across more than 30 countries, including subsidiaries in the US, Canada, Brazil, Australia and China. The group is comprised of the following subsidiaries:
- Safran Aircraft Engines (formerly known as Snecma);
- Safran Helicopter Engines (formerly known as Turbomeca);
- Safran Landing Systems (formerly known as Messier-Bugatti-Dowty);
- Safran Nacelles (formerly known as Aircelle);
- Safran Electrical & Power (formerly known as Labinal Power Systems);
- Safran Identity & Security (formerly Morpho)
- Safran Electronics & Defence (formerly known as Sagem), and;
- Airbus Safran Launchers & Safran Ceramics (formerly known as Herakles).
Safran also acquired Zodiac Aerospace under a EUR8.5 billion (USD9 billion) deal in 2018.
CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries/territories around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.Become a CAPA Member
Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.
It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.
- 5000+ airports
- 3000+ airlines
- 1600+ suppliers
- 800+ airport investors
- 250+ countries/territories and regions
- And more
CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 400 global News Briefs every weekday, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including MRO Matrix, Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.