Stobart Air

Ceased Operations on 12-Jun-2021
Main hub: Dublin Airport
Country/Territory: Ireland


Stobart Air (formerly Aer Arann) was a regional airline based in Dublin, Ireland. On 21-Mar-2014 the airline changed its corporate name to Stobart Air, reflecting the Stobart Group's stake in the airline, as its majority shareholder. The airline continued to operate under the existing Aer Lingus Regional brand. The carrier operated scheduled services from Ireland and the Isle of Man to destinations in Ireland, the UK and France. The carrier was Ireland's third largest airline behind Ryanair and Aer Lingus. CityJet expressed interest in the acquisition of Stobart Group's airline subsidiary, Stobart Air in early 2016. However, negotiations ended on 05-Dec-2016, with Stobart citing the agreement with CityJet is not in the commercial interest of the Group. Stobart Group sold a 51% stake in Stobart Air to an employee benefit trust in 2019. Connect Airways owned the remaining 49% stake in Stobart Air.

Connect Airways entered into administration in Mar-2020. Stobart Air stated the administration of Connect Airways did not directly impact the operation of Stobart Air services.

On 27-Apr-2020, Stobart Group reached an agreement with EY, the administrators of Connect Airways, to acquire Stobart Air and Propius Holdings Ltd. The transaction resulted in Stobart Group with an effective indirect economic interest of 78.75% in Stobart Air and Propius Holdings Ltd.

On 12-Jun-2021, Stobart Air stated the board is in the process of appointing a liquidator to the business, and the airline ceased operations with immediate effect. All Aer Lingus Regional services, operated by Stobart Air under its franchise agreement with Aer Lingus, have been cancelled.

CAPA Profiles

CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries/territories around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.

Become a CAPA Member

Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.

It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.

  • 5000+ airports
  • 3000+ airlines
  • 1600+ suppliers
  • 800+ airport investors
  • 250+ countries/territories and regions
  • And more

CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 1,000 global News Briefs every week, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.