Loading

PLUNA

Regional/Commuter
Ceased Operations on 06-Jul-2012
IATA: PU
ICAO: PUA

About

PLUNA (Primeras Líneas Uruguayas de Navegación Aérea) was the national airline of Uruguay and has its base at Carrasco International Airport, Montevideo. With a fleet of Bombardier CRJ900s, PLUNA offered scheduled and charter services to destinations in Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, Brazil and Argentina. Pluna codeshared with Iberia on the latter's services to Madrid and several Spanish domestic services. In Apr-2010, Canada's Jazz Air Income Fund invested USD15million in a one third non-voting interest in Latin American Regional Aviation Holding Corp, which in turn owned 75% of Pluna Lineas Aireas Uruguayas. The government of Uruguay owned the remaining 25%.

PLUNA suspended services on 06-Jul-2012 after failing to find new investors.  

CAPA Profiles

CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.

Become a CAPA Member

Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.

It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.

  • 5000+ airports
  • 3000+ airlines
  • 1600+ suppliers
  • 800+ airport investors
  • 250+ countries and regions
  • And more

CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 400 global News Briefs every weekday, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including MRO Matrix, Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.