International Airlines Group (IAG)
International Consolidated Airlines Group, S.A. (IAG) is a multi-national holding company with majority stakes in a number of large airlines including British Airways (100%), Iberia (100%) and British Midland International (BMI). IAG is a Spanish registered company with its corporate headquarters in London, UK.
IAG was formed in Jan-2011 with the merger of British Airways and Iberia, both oneworld members, which continue to operate under their distinct brands. IAG is dual-listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: IAG) and Madrid Stock Exchange (BMAD: IAG). Qatar Airways holds a 20.01% stake in IAG and is the group's single largest shareholder.
IAG wholly-owned airlines include:
- British Airways
- Aer Lingus & Aer Lingus Regional (acquired in Aug-2015)
- Sun Air of Scandinavia (franchise, since Aug-1996)
- Iberia Regional (Air Nostrum) (franchise, since May-1997)
- BA CityFlyer (100%, since Mar-2007)
- Iberia Express (100%, since Mar-2012)
- Vueling Airlines (90.51% since 23-Apr-2013)
- LEVEL (100%, launched on 01-Jun-2017)
- Anisec Luftfahrt GmbH (operating as LEVEL Austria, launched on 17-Jul-2018)
- LEVEL France (rebranded from OpenSkies, launched on 02-Sep-2018)
IAG minority interests include:
- Comair (South Africa) (18%, since 2000)
- Royal Air Maroc (1%)
- Air Mauritius (2.3%)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA (4.61%, since Apr-2018)
CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries/territories around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.Become a CAPA Member
Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.
It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.
- 5000+ airports
- 3000+ airlines
- 1600+ suppliers
- 800+ airport investors
- 250+ countries/territories and regions
- And more
CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 1,000 global News Briefs every week, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including MRO Matrix, Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.