Wizz Air takes aim at eastern Europe's flag carriers
As eastern Europe's largest LCC, Wizz Air appears to have bigger plans still, taking aim at Eastern Europe’s flag carriers on their own turf. The airline announced in Jan-2011 it carried 9.6 million passengers in 2010, representing year-on-year growth of 23%. [1500 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Expanding the regional footprint and the quest for market leadership
- Wizz apparently ordering aircraft on behalf of eastern Europe
- The slowing growth trajectory
Graphs and data:
- Wizz Air passenger numbers 2004-2011F
- International capacity ex-Poland – OAG schedules week commencing 17-Jan-2011
- International capacity ex-Romania - OAG schedules week commencing 17-Jan-2011
- International capacity ex-Czech - OAG schedules week commencing 17-Jan-2011
- International capacity ex-Hungary - OAG schedules week commencing 17-Jan-2011
- Wizz Air order backlog
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.