Virgin Blue: expansion of services continues apace
Expansion continues on domestic and Asian routes. In late April-09, Virgin Blue commenced daily Perth-Darwin and six per week Melbourne-Darwin services, which increased their presence in the Darwin market from 7 to 20 flights per week. [793 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- The gap between passenger numbers and capacity starts to widen again
- But international expansion is also on the drawing board
- Ongoing route and frequency expansion must remain paramount, as fleet growth continues apace
Graphs and data:
- Virgin Blue share price graph: May-08 to May-09
- Virgin Blue RPK and ASK growth: Jan-08 to Mar-09
- Virgin Blue current fleet
- Virgin Blue fleet orders
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.