Is the biggest tech change for travel since the internet and mobile the shift to self-sovereign identity tech?
Self-sovereign identity and its associated blockchain-based decentralised technology are profoundly disruptive technology that could have massive impacts on aviation and travel.
In this Travel Tech Corner, we investigate:
- What is self-sovereign identity and why is it important?
- What are the pitfalls with the way Identification works now
- What are the components of a new self-sovereign ID eco-system, such as digital wallets, digital hubs and buyer ‘clubs’?
- What are some of the benefits of this new wave, such as reduced cybersecurity risk and enhanced travel experiences/personalisation?
- Will this affect the way travel is distributed and paid for change?
- What can players in the established travel eco-system expect?
- When will we see this come about – where will we be by 2030?
- Evernym, Senior Director, Business Development, Jamie Smith
- Hospitality and Travel Special Interest Group- SIG, ChairHospitality and Travel Special Interest GroupNick Price
- TravelScrum, Co-founder and Chairman, Gene Quinn
CAPA Live is the most sought-after monthly global aviation event. Taking place on the second Wednesday of each month, thousands of industry colleagues from across the globe tune in for their monthly dose of aviation and travel news, analysis, and in-depth interviews with industry leaders. Register here to be part of our growing community.