How Can Airlines Achieve Their Sustainability Goals?
Just as airlines begin to savour the prospect of financial sustainability, this ease has been quickly interrupted by the threat of failing to meet sustainability goals. In the area of climate change, of course, national and EU emissions targets provide clear goals for airlines (and airports) to work towards. However, the rapid growth of the industry intensifies the need to act quickly and effectively. But, sustainability relates to more than simply our approach to climate change.
• Why does industry need to earn its licence to grow?
• What external pressures are we seeing to challenge aviation’s sustainability record?
• Status of EU ETS/CORSIA and overlap of national emission schemes with CORSIA
• Noise regulation as a challenge to growth
• How to drive the commercial deployment of sustainable aviation fuels as a pillar of industry’s climate action strategy?
• Technological advances as a driver of environmental efficiency