Evolving LCC distribution strategies to adjust to new business models
Changing consumer expectations, new technologies, the proliferation of intermediaries and recent NDC developments, highlight LCCs’ need to differentiate, decommoditise and better “retail” their inventory and ancillary offerings. What are some of the key factors that will influence future LCC distribution strategies?
- How disruptive are new players in the current distribution landscape?
- Is technology enabling greater product differentiation?
- As LCCs expand into new markets or target business travellers, how is their relationship with the GDSs and other intermediaries evolving?
- Are LCCs exploiting digital/ automated/mobile channels effectively to distribute their product?
- Where does the direct channel stand among the new wave of travel distribution models?
Moderator: WebinTravel, Founder & MD, Siew Hoon Yeoh
- Caravelo, Commercial Director, Jonathan Newman
- IATA, Director - New Distribution Capability Program, Yanik Hoyles
- Skyscanner, Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, Hugh Aitken
- Travelport, Global Head of Product & Marketing, Air Commerce, Ian Heywood