Recorded at CAPA LCCs in North Asia Summit, 25-Jun-2019
Aircraft Developments: Long Haul Narrowbodies Set To Drive Change In North Asia
New generation aircraft offer game-changing economics and range for LCCs. In the narrowbody space, several LCCs are now operating or have on order new generation narrowbody aircraft on long haul routes.
The introduction of long haul narrowbodies (A321neoLRs) in Japan in 2020 by carriers such as Peach and Jetstar Japan will drive interesting changes to the region.
- What examples of implementation of new aircraft types has been successful for LCCs around the world?
- What opportunities still exist for LCCs to tap into new aircraft types?
- Can LCCs compete with full service carriers?
- What new technology will assist LCCs in further growth?
Moderator: The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Assistant Professor, Jae Woon (June) Lee
- Airbus, SVP Sales Japan, Jean-Pierre Stainnack
- Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Executive Director Market Analysis, Wendy Sowers
- Embraer, Marketing Director, Adam Young
- T'way Air, Senior Vice President, Hyung Yi Kim