EUROCONTROL looks past slow start to 2011, forecasts gradual up-tick in movements over two years
European air navigation service providers have bid a not-so-fond farewell to an event-marred 2010. Last year, ANSPs suffered through flight cancellations due to volcanic ash clouds, industry-wide industrial action – including air traffic controller strikes in some of Europe’s busiest airspace – and an exceptionally harsh start to the winter travel season. [964 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- 2011 traffic to surge off paltry 2010 traffic
- Recovery to favour northern and eastern Europe
- Downside risks remain
Graphs and data:
- European IFR flight numbers 2010
- European IFR flight numbers forecast 2011
- Additional flights per day and growth rates in selected European countries (Aug-Nov-2010)
- European growth rates by country: 2010 and 2011 forecast
- ESRA8 Growth per market segment (Aug-Dec-2010)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.