The incredible shrinking US airline market
WEEKLY REFLECTIONS WITH RON KUHLMANN & THE CENTRE. My July 2009 OAG arrived. Big surprise, you say? Well, yes, because it was in my mailbox. I have been receiving the OAG at home for a number of years and this is my first recollection of its being left in the mailbox. It fit because it was only 1400 pages – down from the September, 2001 issue that was almost 2100 pages long. [1701 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- New Routes? Not a good time.
- Less Service, Smaller Planes
- Chart 1
- Fewer flights, random schedule
- And all the rest
- Kansas City
- Thoughts on dieting: who is getting thinner?
Graphs and data:
- Chart 2
- Chart 3
- Chart 4
- US domestic capacity (million seats per month) LCCs vs Network Airlines: Jun-2001 to Jun-2009
- US domestic capacity growth (% change year-on-year) LCCs vs Network Airlines and Total: Jun-2002 to Jun-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.