The gloves come off - hairy chested Cathay muscling its way through fuel cost challenge
Cathay Pacific is pressing ahead with its aggressive expansion agenda, with a renewed focus on Middle East routes, despite soaring fuel prices and a recent profit warning. Cathay has announced the “first stage” of its redeployment of services to routes where demand is high, including: [1139 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Disappointing earnings expected, premium fares up
- June traffic solid
- Cargo demand OK, but guilty plea in price-fixing probe
- Outlook: One of the few remaining bulls - but caution creeping in
Graphs and data:
- Asia Pacific carriers' passenger capacity (ASK) and passenger capacity growth for five months ended 31-May-08
- Cathay Pacific passenger number growth and cargo volume growth: Jan-07 to Jun-08
- Cathay Pacific passenger capacity (ASK) growth by region: Jan-07 to Jun-08
- Cathay Pacific passenger load factor by region: Jan-07 to Jun-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.