Spring Airlines expects fourth consecutive year of net profitability in 2009
China’s first LCC, Spring Airlines, stated it aims to double net profit to CNY40 million (USD5.9 million) in 2009, going against the trend of deep losses for Shanghai-based airilnes. The carrier expects to report revenues of CNY2.2 billion (USD322 million) in 2009, a 37.5% year-on-year increase. [606 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- "Not too worried" about the future
- Takes delivery of new A320
- Looking International: seeking to operate to Hong Kong and Macau
Graphs and data:
- Passenger numbers trends for the smaller Chinese airlines: Jan-2006 to Feb-2009
- Spring Airlines aircraft delivery schedule
- Spring Airlines capacity (seats) breakdown by routes
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.