Smaller Sydney and Melbourne airports seek a bigger role
Small airports serving the Sydney and Melbourne metropolitan areas have both recently stated their case to play a larger part in air travel distribution in the respective city-regions. [1521 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Submission emphasises aircraft operators and passengers should be offered the choice of flying into Sydney Metro Bankstown Airport
- Ideal geographic location
- Late support for Richmond RAAF base from NSW government
- Bankstown could adopt a flawed model
- Melbourne could get its second airport first
- Getting the necessary terminal infrastructure could help Avalon attract 10% of Melbourne domestic market by 2010
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.