Shandong Airlines to double fleet, seeks to become "influential international airline"
Shandong Airlines, China’s ninth largest domestic carrier, reported double-digit profit and revenue growth in the six months ended 30-Jun-2011 (1H2011). The carrier, a subsidiary of Air China, has benefited from the sustained growth of China’s domestic economy and the continued expansion of the country's regional/domestic air transport market. It has ambitious growth plans, including an expansion of its international services. [1008 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Fleet to double over next five years to 100 aircraft
- Ninth largest domestic carrier
- 70% growth in net and operating profit in 1H2011
- 5.2 million passengers in 1H2011. Growth of 91% over past five years
Graphs and data:
- Shandong Airlines fleet profile: Aug-2011
- China’s domestic airlines ranked by seats (22-Aug-2011 to 28-Aug-2011)
- Shandong Airlines passenger growth vs revenue growth (%): 2006 to 1H2011
- Shandong Airlines net profit margin (%): 2006 to 1H2011
- Shandong Airlines passenger numbers (mill): 2006 to 1H2011
- Shandong Airlines passenger numbers ('000s): 2009 to 2011
- Shandong Airlines top ten international routes (seats, 22-Aug-2011 to 28-Aug-2011)
- Shandong Airlines top ten domestic routes (seats, 22-Aug-2011 to 28-Aug-2011)
- Shandong Airlines network map: Aug-2011
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.