Saudi Arabian’s overhaul continues: alliances, strategy and IPOs
Saudi Arabian Airlines, the second-largest airline in the Middle East by revenue and passenger numbers, has announced ambitious plans to become a “market leader” in the Middle East, the region identified by IATA as having the world’s strongest growth prospects and the region where as many as four others share that same aspiration. [2502 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- SkyTeam central to strategy
- Pax traffic returns to growth
- Relatively tame fleet plans
- Cabotage calls resurface
- Government behind aviation sector development
- Open skies with US penned
- Privatisation plans continue
- 'Well positioned to make big gains'
Graphs and data:
- Saudi Arabian Airlines passenger numbers
- Saudi Arabian Airlines delivery schedule
- Middle East carriers current fleet and order backlog
- Saudi Arabia total (dom. and int’l) seats capacity, week commencing 02-May-2011
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.