SAS Group reported that its Apr-2011 yields were down 0.7%, although unit revenue (RASK) climbed 6.1% during the month. May-2011 passenger yield and RASK are expected to be similar to April with a stable yield and slightly positive RASK. SAS Group shares dropped 5.1% in trading yesterday.
- Passenger numbers: 2.6 million, +13.5% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 73.4%, -2.2 ppts;
- Scandinavian Airlines: 74.5%, -2.0 ppts;
- Wideroe: 60.3%, -0.3 ppt;
- Blue1: 65.9%, -3.6% ppts.
Norwegian Air Shuttle reported the following traffic highlights in May-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 1.4 million, +16% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 76%, -1.0 ppts;
- Yield: EUR6.74 cents, +4%;
- Revenue per ASK: EUR5.10 cents, +3%.
Cimber Sterling shares bounced back 7.8% yesterday. The carrier announced its board of directors and executive board have agreed to proceed with an agreement with GEM Global Yield Fund Ltd to provide a drawing facility of USD58 million (DKK300 million).
Selected European share price movements (% change): 09-Jun-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.