Vienna Airport traffic up 87% in 2010, MAp reports traffic for investment airports
Vienna International Airport passenger traffic rose 8.7% year-on-year in 2010, with 19.1 million passengers. Cargo traffic was up 16.5%. The airport expects to increase passenger traffic by 5% and aircraft movements by 2% in 2011.
The airport stated it recorded strong growth in 2010 on services to eastern Europe (+13.8%) and the Middle East (+10.5%). Frankfurt remains to biggest market, followed by London and Zurich. On long-haul segments, Bangkok is the biggest market, followed by Tokyo and New York.
MAp reported the following 2010 traffic highlights for its investment airports:
- Sydney: 35.6 million, +7.8%;
- Domestic: 24.12 million, +8.1%;
- International: 11.3 million, +6.9%;
- Copenhagen: 21.5 million, +9.1%;
- Domestic: 1.8 million, +24.3%;
- International: 14.4 million, +7.9%;
- Transfer: 5.3 million, +7.8%;
- Brussels: 17.1 million, +1.1%;
Shares in MAp were unchanged in trading yesterday. The stock has gained 2.8% this year.
Selected airport daily share price movements (% change): 19-Jan-2011