09-May-2011 3:25 PM
Southwest and United Continental reports PRASM increases in April
- Passenger traffic (RPMs): +1.1%;
- Passenger load factor: 80.3%, -1.7 ppts;
Southwest Airlines estimates its PRASM rose 4-5% last month. The LCC reported the following traffic highlights in Apr-2011:
- Revenue passenger numbers: 7.5 million, +0.4% year-on-year;
- Enplaned passengers: 9.2 million, +3.5%;
- Passenger load factor: 79.7%, +0.9 ppt;
- Number of flights: 96,683, +3.2%.
Southwest's shares gained 1.7%.
Selected American airlines daily share price movements (% change): 06-May-2011