SAS seeks aid for airspace closure losses, Lufthansa raising fuel surcharges
See related reports:
- Ash Attack shows real value of aviation to global economic and social fabric. More shocks to come
- Airlines count the cost as skies open; Calls for aid and urgent review of regulations
Lufthansa raising long-haul fuel surcharges
Meanwhile, Lufthansa will raise fuel surcharges for long-haul services by EUR5 per sector, effective 28-Apr-2010, citing rising crude oil prices:
- Middle East/East Africa Lufthansa: Increase to EUR82 per sector;
- North America/India: EUR87;
- South America/Africa/Asia: EUR97.
The surcharges for short- and medium-haul sectors remain unchanged. Lufthansa’s shares rose 0.8% yesterday.
Europe selected airlines daily share price movements (% change): 26-Apr-2010