Norwegian reports higher yield, easyJet higher load factor
Norwegian Air Shuttle reported a 53% surge in passenger numbers, reflecting last year's weak base due to airspace closures.
The LCC's traffic highlights were as follows:
- Passenger numbers: 1.2 million, +53% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 77%, +6.0 ppts;
- Yield: EUR6.82 cents, +6%;
- Revenue per ASK: EUR5.30 cents, +16%;
- On-time departure rate: 82.6%.
easyJet meanwhile reported firmer load factors as passenger volumes rose in Apr-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 4.7 million, +35.1% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 86.5%, +1.3 ppts.
Their shares rose 3.6% and 4.8%, respectively, on Friday.
Selected LCCs daily share price movements (% change): 06-May-2011