JetBlue unit revenue up strongly in May
JetBlue's reported its preliminary passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) for May-2011 increased 19% year over year. For 2Q2011, PRASM is expected to increase between 13-15% year over year.
JetBlue Airways reported the following traffic highlights in May-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 2.2 million, +10.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 82.6%, +1.3 ppts.
GOL reported the following traffic highlights in May-2011:
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +12.7% year-on-year;
- Domestic: +12.3%;
- International: +16.7%;
- Load factor: 62.9%, +5.0 ppts;
- Domestic: 63.2%, +4.4 ppts;
- International: 59.8%, +9.9 ppts.
Selected LCC daily share price movements (% change): 13-Jun-2011