Boeing predicts annual average traffic growth rate in the Middle East to be 7.1%
Boeing forecasts a requirement for 2,340 new aircraft in the region by 2029 and expects the market would continue to be dominated by twin-aisle, long-range aircraft which account for almost 43% of demand.
See related CAPA profile: Traffic - Airports
Kenya Airways (+0.6%) reported the following financial highlights for the 12 months ended 31-Mar-2010:
- Revenue*: USD874.5 million, -1.6% year-on-year;
- Cargo: USD66.8 million, -11.5%;
- Profit before tax: USD74.2 million, compared to a loss of USD92.8 million in p-c-p;
- Passenger numbers: 2.9 million, +3.5%;
- Cargo volume: 55,200 tonnes, -0.7%.
* Based on the conversion rate at USD1 = KES80.85
Selected African and Middle Eastern airlines share price movements (% change): 28-Sep-2010