Beijing Capital International Airport reports surge in profits
During 2009, BCIA’s net and operating profits surged 252.5% (to USD44.0 million) and 447.8% (USD107.8 million), respectively. As a result, BCIA recommended the payment of a final dividend of CNY0.03388 per share for the year ended 31-Dec-2009, with a total amount of CNY146.7 million, subject to shareholder approval. The Board is scheduled to hold its Annual General Meeting on 22-Jun-2010.
Total revenue increased 7.4% year-on-year in 2009, led by an 11.3% jump in aeronautical revenues to USD458.3 million, while non-aeronautical revenues were up 1.3% to USD268.6 million. Details include:
- Aeronautical: USD458.3 million, +11.3%;
- Passenger charges: USD184.3 million, +17.6%;
- Aircraft movement fees and related charges: USD152.8 million, +2.2%;
- Airport fee: USD121.2 million, +14.7%;
- Non-aeronautical: USD268.6 million, +1.3%;
- Concessions: USD158.2 million, -10.3%;
- Rentals: USD101.5 million, +28.5%;
- Car park: USD4.7 million, -16.6%;
Passenger traffic dipped 2.7% year-on-year in the 12 months, while cargo volumes jumped 8.0% to 1.5 million tones. In Feb-2010, passenger numbers rose 9.0% to 5.3 million, on a 5.5% increase in aircraft movements.
Beijing Airport commented on the release of its results that the company has to "further enhance its capacity in order to solve the problem brought by rapid increase in air traffic”.
BCIA’s full financial and traffic reports for the 12 months ended 31-Dec-2010 and month of Feb-2010 are available in today’s edition of Airport Business Daily. Sign up today to start receiving the latest strategic news updates on airports worldwide.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 22-Mar-2010