Air Lease Corp widening client base
Steven Udvar-Házy's Air Lease Corporation has been busily diversifying its client base announcing lease agreements for ten widebodies this week, to eight different customers on three separate continents.
- Vietnam Airlines: Lease agreements through 2019 covering two new A330-200s delivering in Oct-2011 and Nov-2011;
- Sichuan Airlines: ALC acquired an A330-200 on lease to Sichuan Airlines through 2022;
- KLM: Lease agreement through 2020 for a new A330-300 scheduled for delivery in Feb-2012;
- Air France: Leased a B777-300ER through 2019; this follows a new B777-300ER leased to Air France by ALC which was delivered in Dec-2010;
- Alitalia: 12 year lease agreements for three new A330-200 aircraft delivering in Apr-2011, May-2011 and Sep-2011;
- Air Austral: Leased a new B777-300ER on lease through 2019;
- Hawaiian Airlines: Signed a 12 year lease for a new A330-200, delivering mid-2012;
- Air Canada: ALC acquired a B777-300ER on lease to Air Canada through 2021.
Selected leasing company share price movements (% change): 09-May-2011