Paramount reports strong traffic, but fleet leasing issues surface
The Indian Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) reports domestic traffic for Oct-2009 reached 3.5 million passengers for the month, a year-on-year increase of 26.7%. Paramount Airways accounted for only a tiny fraction of the total, carrying 61,000 passengers – achieving a solid growth rate of 15.1% year-on-year. [772 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- But two Embraers de-registered?
- Regional aircraft fleet expansion talked-up
- But no firm announcements
- Perhaps an acquisition is the path to fast-track growth
Graphs and data:
- Paramount Airways passenger numbers and passenger numbers growth (% change year-on-year): Aug-2008 to Aug-2009
- Indian carriers seat factor: Oct-2009
- Paramount Airways fleet plan: Oct-2009
- Star Aviation fleet plan: Oct-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.