Oman Air makes a careful but costly transformation
The process of building a national carrier can be a long and potentially painful one. While building a national carrier from scratch has been done with notable success and alacrity in the Gulf region, revamping an existing airline into a national carrier is never as easy, as witnessed by Oman Air, which has now suffered three years of increasingly sharp losses. [1613 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- A maturing network
- Another impressive year of growth
- Losses continue to mount
- Aiming to turn a profit, once transformation is complete
Graphs and data:
- Oman Air route map
- Oman Air passenger traffic: 2001 to 2010
- Oman Air ASKs, RPKs and average load factor: 2001 to 2010
- Muscat International Airport passenger traffic: 2001 to 2010
- Oman Air net profit/loss: 2001-2010
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.