Norwegian Air Shuttle reported a 53% surge in passenger numbers, reflecting last year's weak base due to airspace closures.
- Passenger numbers: 1.2 million, +53% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 77%, +6.0 ppts;
- Yield: EUR6.82 cents, +6%;
- Revenue per ASK: EUR5.30 cents, +16%;
- On-time departure rate: 82.6%.
easyJet meanwhile reported firmer load factors as passenger volumes rose in Apr-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 4.7 million, +35.1% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 86.5%, +1.3 ppts.
Their shares rose 3.6% and 4.8%, respectively, on Friday.
Selected LCCs daily share price movements (% change): 06-May-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.