CAPA is pleased to announce that entries are open for nominations for the tenth annual CAPA Aviation Awards for Excellence.
Winners will be announced at a Gala Dinner to be held in Amsterdam on 26 November 2013, as part of CAPA’s high level World Aviation Summit.
Regarded as the pre-eminent awards for strategic excellence in aviation, candidate organisations worldwide are invited to submit information about themselves, along with justification of why they should be rewarded for their performance over the past year.
As appropriate, entries will be entertained for more than one category.
This year's categories include:
CAPA Airline of the Year
The CAPA Airline of the Year is awarded to the airline that has had the greatest impact on the development of the airline industry, established itself as a leader, and the benchmark for others to follow.
CAPA Low Cost Airline of the Year
The CAPA Low Cost Airline of the Year is awarded to the Low Cost Airline that has been most innovative and influential in the airline industry.
CAPA Aviation Executive of the Year
The CAPA Aviation Executive of the Year is awarded to the executive who has had the greatest individual influence on the aviation industry, demonstrating outstanding strategic thinking and innovative direction for the growth of the business and the industry.
CAPA International Airport of the Year
The CAPA International Airport of the Year is awarded to the International Airport that has done the most to advance the progress of the aviation industry.
CAPA Airport Marketing Awards
CAPA Airport Marketing Awards are accorded to the Airports that have conducted the most outstanding marketing programmes in the past 18 months that have been effective in attracting new airlines. There are three categories:
- Airports handling fewer than 5 million pax p/a
- Airports handling 5-15 million pax p/a
- Airports handling 15 million+ pax p/a
CAPA Regional Airline of the Year
The CAPA Regional Airline of the Year is awarded to the Regional Airline that has had the most significant impact, shown strategic leadership and demonstrated innovation on regional aviation. Our regional airline definition is an airline operating predominantly domestic services, generally with aircraft that are equipped with less than 100 seats.
CAPA Aviation & Travel IT Innovation of the Year
The CAPA Aviation & Travel IT Innovation of the Year category recognises the Airport/Airline and IT company responsible for the most powerful information technology innovation in the market over the past 18 months.
Winners will be announced at a Gala Dinner to be held in Amsterdam at 7.30pm on 26 November 2013, as part of CAPA’s World Aviation Summit to be held on 25-27 November 2013, featuring CEOs from across the globe, including:
- Aegean Airlines, Managing Director, Dimitrios Gerogiannis
- ACI Europe, Director General, Olivier Jankovec
- Air Arabia, Group CEO, Adel Ali
- Air Astana, President, Peter Foster
- AirAsia, Group CEO, Tony Fernandes
- Alitalia, CEO, Gabriele del Torchio
- ALTA, Executive Director, Alex de Gunten
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, President & CEO, Jos Nijhuis
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Executive VP & COO, Maarten de Groof
- Arab Air Carriers Organization, Secretary General, Abdul Wahab Teffaha
- Association of Asia Pacific Airlines, Director General, Andrew Herdman
- easyJet, Non-executive Director, Rigas Doganis
- Emirates, President, Tim Clark
- Ethiopian Airlines, CEO, Tewolde GebreMariam
- Farelogix, CEO, Jim Davidson
- KLM, Chief Operating Officer, Pieter Elbers
- Ryanair, Deputy CEO & COO, Michael Cawley
- IAG, CEO, Willie Walsh
- IATA, Director, Passenger, Eric Leopold
- SATA Airlines Group, CEO, Antonio Menezes
- SkyTeam, Managing Director, Michael Wisbrun
- Vueling, CEO, Alex Cruz
Click here for full details about speakers and the Agenda.
Please provide full information about your company with detailed documentary support as to why it should be considered for a CAPA Award for Excellence. Please ensure that the specific criteria set out under each heading are clearly addressed. Nominations must be signed off by the CEO or President of the company involved.
Where appropriate, a company may submit proposals for more than one category. The decisions of CAPA’s judging panels will be final.
Only nominations received by 30 September 2013 will be entertained.
Submissions should be sent either by email to: email@example.com or by mail to:
About the judging process
The world’s airports and airlines are reviewed constantly through the year via CAPA’s extensive data and information services gathering and reporting. A highly experienced aviation advisory panel reviews our recommendations.
Click here for more information about the CAPA Aviation Awards for Excellence, including previous winners.
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.