JetBlue reports 11th consecutive month of load factor reductions in Jul-08; by still above 85%
JetBlue reported its eleventh consecutive month of year-on-year load factor reduction in Jul-08, with its load factor slipping 0.3 ppts to 86.6%. Passenger numbers increased 4.4% year-on-year to 2.1 million, continuing the trend of steady passenger growth over the past five years (for more North and America traffic information, see the Americas Traffic Watch profile in this week’s edition of Peanuts! Weekly). [993 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Slower capacity growth a change in strategy; first JetBlue negative capacity growth in 3Q08
- Readies for launch of dedicated Terminal 5 at New York JFK
- To launch first intra-Caribbean route; other Caribbean capacity increases planned for Northern Winter
- Announces new distribution/payment method with Western Union agreement
Graphs and data:
- JetBlue passenger number growth: Jan-03 to Jul-08
- JetBlue sector length: May-06 to Jul-08
- JetBlue Airways capacity growth (ASK) growth: Jan-04 to May-08
- 3Q08 and FY2008 outlook
- Weekly capacity (seats) between USA and Latin America/Caribbean: Week commencing 11-Aug-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.