JetBlue reins in growth, yields improving
JetBlue CEO Dave Barger outlined his carrier's strategy for fiscal success at last week's Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Transportation conference with a simple message – cash flow yields sustainable growth. That’s not something JetBlue has focused on in the past, but now, for the New York-based company, it is all about cash flow. [1103 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Growth has to earn its way
- Less transcontinental flying, focus on Boston, business passengers...
- ...Caribbean and Latin America
- ...and JFK
Graphs and data:
- JetBlue year-end free cash flow (USD mill): 2002 to 2009
- JetBlue capex reduction (USD mill): 2005 to 2010E
- JetBlue debt maturities
- JetBlue vs peers’ cash as % of TTM revenues (%): As at 31-Mar-2010
- Changes in competitive landscape in Boston: Three largest carriers (daily seats): 2001, 2005 & 2010
- JetBlue serves the most destinations from Boston
- JetBlue PRASM growth (% change year-on-year): 3Q2009 to May-2010
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.