JetBlue Airways' load factor continues to decline despite capacity reduction
JetBlue transported 1.7 million passengers in Feb-09, a 4.1% year-on-year decrease. Traffic (RPMs) fell 8.3% year-on-year, as capacity (ASMs) decreased 5.5% capacity, resulting in a 2.3 ppt load factor reduction to 76.8%. [1116 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Focus on profitable transcontinenal routes
- Seeking new international partnerships
- Signs agreement with Sabre Airline Solutions to power reservation system
- JetBlue pilots fail to form union
Graphs and data:
- JetBlue passenger number growth: Jan-03 to Dec-08
- 1Q09 and FY09 outlook: Dec-08
- JetBlue Airways capacity growth (ASK) growth: Mar-07 to Feb-09
- USA-Latin America/Caribbean capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
- Boston Logan International Airport capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.